Cissie’s extensive knowledge of massage, aesthetics and wellness has been 34 years in the making. With an extensive background in psychiatric nursing and hypnosis, as well as 27 years as owner of Tennessee School of Massage and two day spas, Cissie is extremely qualified to teach aspiring massage students the needed information, as well as the proper massage modalities that go into the makings of an awesome Massage Therapist. She has been an intricate part of the education of literally hundreds of Licensed Massage Therapists and her students are sought out in all fields of employment to fill open positions in the Massage Therapy arena.
LIVING HEALTH DAY SPA, Memphis, TN, 6/2006 – Present
- Handle spa promotions and staff management. Perform duties of Health Fair Coordinator, Guest Speaker, Aesthetician (skin care specialist), Registered Nurse.
- Perform Aesthetics from facials to dermabrasions to waxing specialties, hypnotherapy, and on-site massage/corporate massage for this European Day Spa.
TENNESSEE SCHOOL OF MASSAGE, Memphis, TN, 5/1988 – Present
- Lecture and Instructor for Business, Anatomy & Physiology, Community, Healing Touch Therapy, Pre-natal Massage, Swedish Massage, Corp. Chair Massage, Aromatherapy, Nutrition, Ethics, Law, and various other classes including CEUs.
- Handle staff management. Perform duties of Health Fairs.
- Coordinator, Guest Speaker, Aesthetician (skin care specialist), Registered Nurse.
A TOUCH OF HEALTH, Memphis, TN, 5/88 – 2006
- Perform hypnotherapy, stage hypnosis, and on-site massage/corporate massage for this European Day Spa/Massage School.
- Handle spa promotions, marketing, and staff management. Perform duties of Health Fair Coordinator, Guest Speaker, Aesthetician (skin care specialist), Registered Nurse, and
- Appeared on Memphis Cablevision’s “On-Air Tonight” hosted by Jamie Hodge. Featured
Feeling Good, Stress Management, & Nutrition.
METHODIST HOSPITALS OF MEMPHIS, Memphis, TN, 1981 – 1988
R.N. Certified Mental Health Nurse – Psychiatry Unit.
- Assisted physicians, nurses and provided patient care.
- Interviewed families and provided stress/ crisis management.
- Authored assertiveness booklet and wrote/produced hypnosis tape for use in the
- Acted as guest speaker for hospital.
- Trained hospital staff on assertive communication techniques.
M. SCOTT PECK’S FOUNDATION FOR COMMUNITY
ENCOURAGEMENT, Memphis, TN, 1986 – 1987
- Handled marketing, arrangement of location of groups, and answering questions.
- Attended major groups in Knoxville with M. Scott Peck (The Road less Traveled), facilitated group discussions, and provided personal support for individuals in crisis.
- Acted as contact for Memphis area.